After the big success of Strawberry Seduction a few months back, I’ve been eager to put together another food blog event. I was floored by the enthusiasm, creativity, and mouth-watering dishes that you all sent in. So I decided it was finally time to host another seasonally appropriate event: You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Frozen Desserts!
Regular readers of my blog know I’m a big fan of ice cream. I was happily the odd one out there making ice creams in the dead of winter. But now with the heat of summer finally bearing down on many of us, there won’t be quite so many raised eye brows over ice cream. So I’m calling on you, fellow food bloggers, to put your creativity towards cooling off with something sweet this summer. Create some delicious, summery frozen desserts–whether they be ice creams, gelatos, sorbets, granitas, frozen mousses, frozen yogurts, kulfis, etc–and send them in!
So here’s the rules:
- Your entry must be some sort of recipe or dish that you have prepared and recently posted (no earlier than May 2008, please) that showcases a frozen dessert you have made.
- Email me at email@example.com (update: some people have encountered troubles emailing me at that address. You can alternatively try emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
- The subject line should read: Frozen Desserts Entry
- Your name
- Your blog’s name
- Recipe name
- Permalink to your post
- Your location/country
- Optional: a photo of your dish, no larger than 150 pixels in either dimension, please.
- All entries are due by the end of Monday, July 7th, 2008, Eastern Standard Time.
- You can submit as many entries as you’d like, so get to it!
- Your entry should contain a link back to this page. It would also be nice if you link to the roundup when it goes online a few days later, but I’ll forgive you if you don’t.
- If you’d like to include a logo to go with your entry on your blog, feel free to use this:
Or, if you want something a little larger:
If you have any further questions, feel free to email me or post your questions in the comments below this post. If you’ve never made a frozen dessert before, now is a great time to start. They’re easy, impressive, and really rewarding.
I hope to hear from you all soon and look forward to seeing what beautiful dishes you can come up with! And even if you don’t enter, be sure to check back to see all of the entries. Spread the word and scream for frozen desserts!