I’ve timidly thought of hosting a food blogging event before, but never quite followed through with it. However, as the saying goes, ’tis the season when a young man’s fancy turns to thoughts of…strawberries…and so, it simply was time for me to jump into the food blog event fray.
I live in Florida, and if Florida is known for anything when it comes to food, its the oranges. However, I’m simply not a big fan of oranges–I’ll cook with them, but you won’t see me biting into an orange or drinking a glass of OJ. Sorry orange lovers, but I just don’t get it. But citrus aside, I nonetheless delight in the many other, less “famous” fruits that really shine in this quirky state, and right about now, strawberries are at their prime.
Plant City, the “winter strawberry capital,” is not terribly far from me and the growers are currently flooding the street corners, farmer’s markets, local supermarkets, and just about any other food venue with some amazing strawberries. This means I get to eat delicious, locally grown produce that is at its prime, and really, who doesn’t love a good strawberry?
I simply couldn’t help myself when I saw these delicious strawberries were very on sale (buy 3 lbs for $5), so I brought 3 lbs home, followed by the nonsensical desire for more, so I hurriedly ran out to see if the sale was still on a whole day later. What a shock! Of course it was–time to buy yet another 3 lbs! So what on earth am I to do with 6 lbs of strawberries? Being a dessert fiend, I got to baking up as many strawberry-centric treats as I could think of.
Seeing how rabidly obsessed with strawberries I had become, I wanted more. Since I can only make and eat so much dessert, I thought I would invite all of the food bloggers out there to share their strawberry lust and to celebrate the season of this seductive fruit. Whether it be starters, sides, sweets, or whatever, I’d like you to send your strawberry recipes so we can all ogle this sexy berry together.
The rules of this event are pretty simple.
- Your entry must be some sort of recipe or dish that you have prepared and recently posted (roughly this month) that largely features strawberries
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- The subject line should read: Strawberry Seduction Entry
- Your name
- Your blog’s name
- Recipe name
- Permalink to your post
- Your location/country
- Optional: a photo of your dish, no larger than 150 pixels in either dimension.
- All entries are due by the end of Friday, April 4th, 2008, Eastern Standard Time.
- You can submit more than one entry (I sure will, I mean c’mon, 6 lbs!), so get to it!
- Your entry should contain a link back to this page. It would also be nice if you link to the roundup when it goes online a few days later, but I’ll forgive you if you don’t. 😉
- Update! Optional: per popular demand, I took a stab at making a logo for this event. Feel free to include it in your entries, but it won’t hurt my feelings if the logo doesn’t catch your fancy. 😉
If you have any further questions, feel free to email me or post your questions in the comments below this post.
I hope to hear from you all soon and look forward to seeing what beautiful dishes you can come up with! Spread the word!